Thursday, 17 November 2011

All we are is flesh, Bone, and these passing moments


I'm struggling to find the words to explain the surreal snippets of human interaction a had today. Little tiny unobtrusive moments that I probably experience everyday... But today it just effected my being in a strange, peripheral way. Hence, like the feeling,my words all feel slightly off center to the core of the emotion it stirred. The depth humans have reached in communication is obsurd. We talk, write, dance, make music, paint, kiss- all these actions accumulate to an intensity unknown to any other life form. Selfishly we need each other.This yearning, is what defines our humanity.

one snippet...

As I was walking back from the shops-my mind mauling over the indecisions that plague it-A boy...or maybe a man, went against my grain. His waggish walk diverted me away from my own thoughts...Lank, goofy limbs flayed forward as he swung one oversized shoe passed the other. His open face and naive blue eyes,haloed by fine, white-blond Goldy-locks spoke of a life unblemished by the demands of adulthood.When I walk pass people, I like to make eye contact, and if I get a eye back; I smile. This little greeting rarely plays out. Most of the time people don't notice, or they look away so fast the moment our eyes meet my face hasn't the time to put on a smile. From a few yards away, Manboys' insecure demeanor and his far off countenance lead me te expect another passer-by. Far from it.Just as these thoughts had mused passed, his chin gently tipped and turned, and his gaze met mine. He looked at me. He aknowledged my existence. He smiled. It was a good smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment