I was plagued by this one nightmare for months on end; Captain hook swoops in and kidnapps my father. I watch helplessly as the train gets smaller and smaller untill he's completely gone. I wake up crying. I remember my dreams. I wake up in the mornings still lost in my world. Some days I can't shake it off and I confuse the people around me because I'm not myself. Or not the person I should be. Writing about it helps...
Everything is blue. Except the moon.
The sun might shine but the moon glows
It takes the earth and illuminates;
not to wake-up.
not to wake-up.
... to make it beautiful.
_______
_______
I look at my hands.they are blue too. I wish twilight never to end.
But the birds know before we do
A chorus of chaos warning the nocturnal ones
A chorus of chaos warning the nocturnal ones
reminding them of the sun
I look behind me and see the creeping dawn.
I look behind me and see the creeping dawn.
Soon this achromatic haven will be gone.
Perhaps if I just run away from the sun. Follow the divide. So I start to humm.
No melody or sweet tune. I humm from the pit of my throat.
It reminds me what music actually is. A vibration.
I start to run up the hill fast as I can, it gets steeper and steeper
so I crawl like an animal it feels natural
so I crawl like an animal it feels natural
My hands in the dirt /my eyes on the ground.
without warning the earth ends my hands are empty I'm falling.
fast with no resistance
______
fast with no resistance
______
I land in your boat like I always do.
I can breath again
I can breath again
"I cup of tea?" ......"Ay ay captain."
I follow you into the kitchen.
Kettles boiling all over steaming steam into every corner
you pour me a cup from a kettle hanging from the cieling
"have you always preferred steam boats?"
you don't answer.
you never answer my questions (But I still hover.)
We sit on the deck and watch as the dawn dwindles
"time for my nap" you slap your thighs and leave me be
eyes spilling over the sea
my mind races to the horizon.
my tea is cold
eyes spilling over the sea
my mind races to the horizon.
my tea is cold
No comments:
Post a Comment